Reverse Transfer

What is a reverse transfer?

Students who have earned college credit or a degree from another institution may choose to have their transcripts evaluated for possible credit toward a degree or certificate at Parkland.聽

Why should I participate in the Reverse Transfer Program?

Obtaining a college degree is important in today's job market, but life happens and may keep you from finishing your associate degree. The Reverse Transfer Program helps ensure you receive the degree you have earned.

What do I need to qualify and participate in the Reverse Transfer Program at Parkland?

  • You must have completed a minimum聽of 15聽college level credit hours at Parkland that will apply toward your degree to be eligible to participate.
  • Your completion of the associate degree depends on the credits earned at the four-year institution.
  • Complete the聽Reverse Transfer Agreement form聽and submit it to the Admissions office at聽
  • Request your current four-year institution send Parkland an official copy of your transcript.
  • An individual degree audit will evaluate your records and eligibility for the program.
  • You must have earned a total of 60 credits required for an associate degree.
  • Degrees are awarded for the spring, summer and fall semester.
  • If you are currently enrolled at UIUC or EIU, contact their Admissions Office for more information.
  • Students applying for reverse transfer after an absence of two or more years from Parkland must meet the catalog degree requirements of the year when the reverse transfer is requested.聽

For more information regarding the Reverse Transfer Program, please contact Cyndy White at

Don't leave college without an associate degree!